Upcoming Library Events
- Used Book Sale Tuesday, June 11 – Saturday, June 15 during library hours. Grab some summer reads at our Used Book Sale. We’ll have a large assortment of books for children and adults, as well as magazines and even a few used DVDs. Books will be 50 cents each or 3 for $1.00. Magazines will be 25 cents each or 5 for $1.00. DVDs will be $2.00 each. Friday and Saturday will be Bag Days – fill a paper bag with items for only $4.00!
- Make a Father’s Day Gift! Wednesday, June 12 from 1 – 7 PM and Thursday, June 13 from 1 – 6 PM, stop in the library to make a gift for Dad (or Grandpa)! We’ll have craft supplies available in the library for children to create a special gift to give for Father’s Day, which is Sunday, June 16. This is a make-and-take event, with no pre-registration required.
- Iron Ridge Centennial Events See our Iron Ridge Centennial Page for details about the Centennial Celebration, which is Saturday, June 22 and Sunday, June 23. Tiffany will have Old-Fashioned Picnic Games set up in the park for children to play from 10 AM – 4 PM on Saturday. Visit our Pinterest Page and check out some of the games we’ve pinned to see what children might have played in Iron Ridge 100 years ago!
- Special Library Hours on Saturday, June 22! With the Village Hall open for the Iron Ridge History displays, the Library will be open from 10 AM until 2 PM.
- Summer Reading Program Summer Reading registration will begin on Tuesday, June 25. Check out our Summer Reading Page for more info!
- June Book Club Book Club will meet Tuesday, June 25 at 6:00 PM. Our selection for June is the novel Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver. Print and audio copies are available for check out in the library. Ask to be added to our email list to receive Book Club updates!
- Zoozort Wednesday, June 25 at 4:30 PM. See wild animals in Iron Ridge! Zoozort is an interactive live animal program, and expected animals include a fox, tortoise, wallaby, and armadillo.
- Family Fun Night at the Horicon Marsh Tuesday July 9 from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM. FREE evening of fun at the Horicon Marsh Education Center located on Highway 28 between Horicon and Mayville. Activities will include guided marsh tours every half hour, storytimes, craft projects, a scavenger hunt, and more! Families are invited to bring a picnic basket and enjoy dinner at the marsh. This event is sponsored by Mid-Wisconsin Federated Library System.
- Storyteller: Miss Licorice Wednesday, July 24 with shows at 2:30 and 6:00 PM. Miss Licorice is a Wisconsin-based storyteller who performs an original story with music, props, and a handmade set. Children will delight in this interactive experience, which includes “backstage access” after the show, when children can ask about Miss Licorice, her story, the characters, and the set.
- Magic of the Amazing Schu Wednesday, August 14 at 1:30 PM. The Amazing Schu is a Wisconsin-based performer who will dazzle you with feats of magic. He will perform a special show that focuses on reading, and this is a great event for the whole family.
- Summer Reading Program Deadline Reading Logs need to be turned in to the Library by Saturday, August 17 in order to receive prizes.
- Library Closed Saturday, August 31. The Library will be closed on Saturday, August 31 in observance of Labor Day weekend. If you would like to return materials on a day that we are closed, please use the drop slots on the West side of the Village Hall building. Thank you and have a safe holiday weekend!