Iron Ridge Centennial Celebration
Saturday, June 22 and Sunday, June 23
Watch Stories From the Ridge! Learn about the history of the Village from some of its oldest residents.
The village of Iron Ridge is celebrating its centennial in 2013 with an Old-Fashioned Picnic. Events will be held at Fireman’s Park unless otherwise noted.
- Run/Walk at 8 AM; Registration begins at 7 AM.
- Car Show 10 AM – 4 PM. First and Only Iron Ridge Centennial Car Show. Dash Plaques given out to first 100 cars. All make and model cars welcome. No pre-registration; registration fee $10. People’s Choice trophies will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place. No admission fee for spectators, but raffle tickets will be available to purchase and will be used to vote for favorite cars.
- Old-Fashioned Picnic Games 10 AM – 4 PM. Play games that children might have played in Iron Ridge 100 years ago!
- Narrated Wagon Tours Noon – 4 PM. Learn about the history of Iron Ridge while viewing historic sites.
- Little League Games Noon – ?
- Food Stand 10 AM – 4 PM. Hosted by the Iron Ridge Lions.
- Old-Fashioned Ice Cream and Dairy 10 AM – 4 PM. Sponsored and served by 4-H members.
- Music by Spid Pieper 4 PM – 6 PM.
- Beer Stand Beginning at 4 PM. Sponsored by the Iron Ridge Fire Department.
- Special Library Hours The Library will be open from 10 AM until 2 PM on Saturday, June 22.
- Outdoor Church Service 9 AM – 10 AM.
- Liberty Tree Dedication 10:15 AM – 10:45 AM.
- Pot Luck Lunch 11 AM – 2 PM. Sponsored by St. Matthew’s Church with freewill offering.
- Siegmann Family Singers 11:30 AM – 2 PM.
- Vintage Base Ball Game Begins at Noon. Iron Ridge players will face off against the Greenbush Dead Citys, a vintage team that plays by 1860s rules.
- Antique Tractor and Equipment Display Noon – 4 PM.
Saturday and Sunday: Centennial Memorabilia and a scaled village display constructed of Legos will be displayed in the Village Hall.